MAN Diesel & Turbo initially introduced electronic, fuel injection control on its large bore, ME-C engines, which are a more compact form of their ME-B counterparts.The ME-C range’s electronic controls bring a whole host of advantages to the table and are characterised by:
- Fully integrated electronic control
- Low SFOC
- Superior performance parameters
- Appropriate fuel injection pressure and rate shaping at any load
- Improved emission characteristics
- Smokeless operation at any load
- Lower NOx on command.
These advantages are gained by the use of variable, electronically-controlled timing of fuel injection and exhaust valves during operation. Additionally, all software and hardware are upgradable for the lifetime of the engine.